WALESKA, Ga. — The Lee University tennis teams traveled to Reinhardt University and lost by matching scores of 6-3. The nonconference matches were contested on the Reinhardt campus at the Reinhardt Tennis Courts and off-campus at Cline Park.
The Lady Flames and Flames return to Gulf South Conference action Saturday with a trip to Shorter University. The matches are scheduled for a 1 p.m. start
The Lady Flames (3-6) earned one point in doubles action with a win at No. 1 doubles. The team of Tonya McGraner and Maclain Yowarsky defeated Paula Puentes and Whitney Vilmaure, 8-6.
Reinhardt (6-0) won the other two doubles matches to carry a 2-1 lead into the singles competition.
McGraner picked up her second victory of the day with a 6-4, 6-1 win over Puentes at No. 1 singles. Jodie Rice lost just two games to claim the No. 4 singles win against Cassie Quast.
Three of the Lady Flames’ singles losses were highly contested. Annie Sandberg pushed Ingrid Magossi in their opening set. Magossi held on to win the tie-breaker 7-5 to win the set 7-6. She clinched the match with a 6-1 score in the second set.
Krista Good forced Alyssa Kroll to go three sets with a 6-4 margin in the second set, before losing 6-3 in the third set.
Morgan Friedlander was a 6-2 winner over Alyssa Siebold in the first set. Siebold won set No. 2 6-4 and edged Friedlander 7-6 with a 7-3 score in the third-set tie-breaker.
The Lee men (1-7) lost all three doubles matches to fall in an early 3-0 hole.
Richard Gamble and Daniel Hardesty took Rene Ramos and Nicolas Duarte to a tie-breaker to decide the No. 1 doubles winner. Ramos and Duarte held on to win the tie-breaker 7-5 to claim the 9-8 decision.
The Flames and Eagles (6-0) split the singles matches.
Alberto Calle defeated Leonardo Luna in straight sets. Gamble breezed to a 6-2 win in the first set and outlasted Duarte to win the second set, 7-5.
Vincent Audy ran past Adam Rogers to post a 6-1, 6-2 victory at No. 5 singles.
Westley Lemke recorded a 6-4 win in his opening set against Matt Porter. Porter forced a third set after winning the second-set tie-breaker 7-5 and won the match with a 6-1 score in the final frame.
Lady Eagles 6,
Lady Flames 3
1. Tonya McGraner (LU) def. Paula Puentes (RU) 6-4, 6-1
2. Whitney Vilmaure (RU) def. Maclain Yowarsky (LU) 6-1, 6-1
3. Ingrid Magossi (RU) def. Annie Sandberg (LU) 7-6 (7-5), 6-1
4. Jodie Rice (LU) def. Cassie Quast (RU) 6-0, 6-2
5. Alyssa Kroll (RU) def. Krista Good (LU) 6-2, 4-6, 6-3
6. Alyssa Siebold (RU) def. Morgan Friedlander (LU) 2-6, 6-4, 7-6 (7-3)
1. Tonya McGraner/Maclain Yowarsky (LU) def. Paula Puentes/Whitney Vilmaure (RU) 8-6
2. Ingrid Magossi/Cassie Quast (RU) def. Annie Sandberg/Jodie Rice (LU) 8-5
3. Alyssa Kroll/Alyssa Siebold (RU) def. Krista Good/Morgan Friedlander (LU) 8-6
1. Alberto Calle (LU) def. Leonardo Luna (RU) 6-2, 6-3
2. Richard Gamble (LU) def. Nicolas Duarte (RU) 6-2, 7-5
3. Emory Deloach (RU) def. Daniel Hardesty (LU) 6-3, 6-2
4. Rene Ramos (RU) def. Kevin Tan (LU) 6-2, 6-1
5. Vincent Audy (LU) def. Adam Rogers (RU) 6-1, 6-2
6. Matt Porter (RU) def. Westley Lemke (LU) 4-6, 7-6 (7-5), 6-1
1. Rene Ramos/Nicolas Duarte (RU) def. Richard Gamble/Daniel Hardesty (LU) 9-8 (7-5)
2. Matt Porter/Adam Rogers (RU) def. Alberto Calle/Westley Lemke (LU) 8-4
3. Leonardo Luna/Emory Deloach (RU) def. Kevin Tan/Vincent Audy (LU) 8-3