A vacant house on Iron Gate Court was reportedly used by someone who ran up a utility bill and caused damage inside the home by leaving water running.
According to a report filed earlier this week by Kelly McGee, someone had apparently been living in the structure.
McGee filed a report Monday with Bradley County deputy Doug Graham, after she was contacted by Volunteer Energy Cooperative officials who were “aware the residence was empty,” and supposed to be unoccupied.
A lockout had been cut from the water meter and turned on inside the house, causing damage.
Further investigation revealed that electricity had been used from Jan. 26 to Feb. 3.
Damage and loss were estimated at $4,271.
- A home that had been damaged by fire recently was burglarized.
Ruth Johnson told deputy Paul Singleton that a fire at the Gold Point Drive residence left it uninhabitable.
When Johnson returned to the structure during the weekend, she noticed someone had taken a Whirlpool washer and dryer and a 40-gallon water heater.
The missing property was valued at $650.
Investigation is continuing.
- A warehouse storage burglary cost the renter more than $4,000 after she discovered the incident had occurred.
Deputy Laura Lane of the Bradley County Sheriff’s Office filed a report for Tracy Ellis.
Ellis said she visited her warehouse storage unit Sunday and made the discovery that someone had cut a lock and removed items.
Ellis had not checked on her storage unit for about three months, according to the report.
Currier and Ives dishes, an antique stove, desk and chair set, coffee table, antique chair, two saddles, kitchen ware, an antique wringer washer, an antique Coca-Cola sign, a pool vacuum and a child’s bed frame were missing from the unit.
Loss was estimated at $4,225.