The speaker for the special event will be Terrell Littrell. Dr. Stanley McDaniel will preside over the service, which begins at 10:45 a.m.
Lunch will be served after the worship service.
First organized on March 14, 1897, First Christian Church was located on Berry Street, which later became Central Avenue. The building served the congregation well for 65 years.
In the late 1950s, First Christian Church felt a need to revitalize itself. At that time the Rev. Charles Highfield was called to lead the congregation in a major building program.
The site of the new building is at 3925 North Ocoee St. The dedication service was held on April 1, 1961. Within five years, an addition was completed.
Two “Timothys” have been sent by the local church to serve the greater church in ministry through the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
Over the years, First Christian Church in Cleveland has served the community and provided for those in need.
The current minister at First Christian is the Rev. Karyn M. Bogert.