Resolution 2013-46 would amend the city personnel manual to reflect a change in the sick leave policy.
The Human Resources Committee recommends 12 consecutive calendar months sick leave for all employees hired after July 1. The accrual rate remains unchanged.
Concerning the Animal Shelter Advisory Board, Ordinance 2013-36 would reduce the number of board members from seven to five. The city expanded board membership from five to seven members to provide representation to Bradley County government because of the contractual agreement between the city and county.
The ordinance would reduce the membership on board from seven to five members during any period of time when a contract for animal control services does not exist between the city and county.
In other business, the council is expected to approve the following consent agenda items:
- Resolution 2013-51 would authorize Mayor Tom Rowland to sign an agreement with the Tennessee Department of Transportation for interchange modifications to Interstate 75 at Exit 25. The modifications will be paid 100 percent from state maintenance money.
- Resolution 2013-52 would authorize the mayor to sign an agreement with TDOT for a sidewalk project on 20th Street from Harle Avenue to Neely Circle. An 80/20 matching grant with TDOT would fund the Cleveland Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization project. The total estimated cost is $553,177. The MPO share would be $110,635.
- Resolution 2013-53 would authorize the mayor to sign an agreement with TDOT for paving Stuart Road from Lee Hwy to Michigan Avenue. An 80/20 matching grant with TDOT would fund the MPO project. The total estimated cost is $773,466. The MPO share would be $154,693.
- Resolution 2013-54 would authorize the mayor to sign an agreement with TDOT for improvements to 17th Street from Keith Street N.W. to Ocoee Street for an MPO sidewalk and drainage project. The estimated cost is $830,700. The MPO share would be $166,140.
- Resolution 2013-55 would authorize the mayor to sign an agreement with TDOT for improvements to Mouse Creek Road from Eldredge Avenue to Hunters Run Place. The MPO project includes widening, drainage and spot improvements to the roadway. The estimated cost would be $1 million. The local share would be $201,600.
- Resolution 2013-56 provides for a 2012 Tax Refund to Broad Street United Methodist in the amount of $47.
- Resolution 2013-57 would authorize the mayor to submit an application for the Tennessee Municipal League Safety Partners Loss Control matching grant in an effort to provide a safe and hazard-free workplace for city employees. The amount of the grant is $2,000.
- Reappointment of Aubrey Ector to the Cleveland Utilities Board of Directors will allow him to serve an additional four-year term to expire July 2017. Ector was first appointed Feb. 26, 1999.