Dr. Wallace Baker, medical director at Life Care Center of Idaho Falls, Idaho, was named Company-Wide Medical Director of the Year. He received the award during Life Care’s annual Medical Directors Symposium at the corporate headquarters in Cleveland on Oct. 17.
Baker has served as the facility’s medical director for more than 14 years. During the meeting, he was praised for his compassion with patients and facility staff, his commitment to educating patients and their families about their medical conditions and treatments, and his ready availability — even on weekends and holidays.
“I think he shows all of us in so many ways his ‘above and beyond’ mentality,” said Sheila Kellogg, executive director at Life Care Center of Idaho Falls.
Seven division award winners were also honored, some during the symposium and some in facility ceremonies in the months following:
• Dr. Subashini Narayanan, medical director at Life Care Center of Plano, Texas, for the Eastern Division
• Dr. Pratap Singh, medical director at Mitchell Manor in Mitchell, Ind., for the Heartland Division
• Dr. Alan Aboaf, medical director at Garden Terrace Alzheimer’s Center of Excellence in Aurora, Colo., for the Mountain States Division
• Dr. Baldev Gupta, medical director at Rivergate Terrace and Rivergate Health Care Center in Riverview, Mich., for the Northeast Division
• Dr. Eric Sohn, medical director at Life Care Center of Post Falls, Idaho, and Alderwood Manor in Spokane, Wash., for the Northwest Division
• Dr. Howard Koch, medical director at Life Care Center at Inverrary in Lauderhill, Fla., for the Southeast Division
• Dr. Howard Cohen, medical director at Lake Forest Nursing Center in Lake Forest, Calif., for the Southwest Division
“Our medical directors play a pivotal role in the care of our residents,” said Beecher Hunter, Life Care president, “and we are proud to honor those who stand out in their commitment and their compassion to ensure the health and well-being of those entrusted to them.”