The City Council is expected to set the tax rate at $1.4904 per $100 of assessed value when it meets Wednesday.
The Council meeting was delayed two days while city officials attend a Tennessee Municipal League conference in Nashville.
Council members approved the first reading of the ordinance on May 24 on a 5-2 vote.
Once the tax rate is settled, Council members are expected to adopt the FY2012 Budget. The proposed General Fund budget of $35,903,900 is $582,818 less than FY2011 estimates and about $900,000 more than the actual FY2010 budget. The General Fund is used to account for city government operations.
At the end of the current fiscal year, the city of Cleveland estimates it will not use any of the $9.115 million General Fund fund balance.
Consent agenda items include:
- Final passage of Ordinance 2011-07 amending sections of the city’s zoning code to refer all conditional use requests to the Board of Zoning Appeals.
- Final passage of Ordinance 2011-08 to amend the city’s flood hazard reduction ordinance.
- Final passage of Ordinance 2011-11 to approve fiscal year 2011 budget amendments.
- Final passage of Ordinance 2011-12 to comply with GASB54 concerning fund balances being committed for the purposes of the fund.
- Bid report for Street Striping 2011.
- Bid report for police vehicles.
- Resolution 2011-50 authorizing Mayor Tom Rowland to sign a contract with Cleveland Housing Authority for the provision of supplemental police services.
- Resolution 2011-51 authorizing the mayor to sign a grant contract with THDA and to also sign an agreement with the Cleveland Emergency Shelter for ESG Funds.
- Resolution 2011-52 opposing elimination of smaller metropolitan planning organizations.
- Resolution 2011-53 authorizing the mayor to sign an amendment to the contract with the Boys and Girls Club for the Targeted Community Crime Reduction Grant.
- Resolution 2011-54 authorizing a 2009 Tax Refund to Calfee Towing & Recovery in the amount of $107.
- Resolution 2011-55 authorizing the mayor to sign a grant application for the fiscal year 2011 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant.
- Resolution 2011-56 amending municipal personnel policies pertaining to disciplinary action for at-fault accidents.
- Reappointment of Ray Evans, George Patton and Milton Palmer to the Waterville Advisory Board for additional one-year terms to expire January 2012
- Reappointment of Sidney Crandall Brian Sells to the Cleveland Plumbing Board for additional five-year terms to expire April 2016.
- Reappointment of Dr. John Owens to the Animal Shelter Board for an additional three-year term to expire April 2014; and Kathy Kinder for an additional three-year term to expire June 2014.
- Reappointment of Jeff Morelock and Oscar Kelley to the Vacant Property Review Board for an additional two-year term to expire May 2013; and appointment of George Allen for a two-year term to expire May 2013.
- Cleveland Utilities recommends adding a 100-watt high pressure sodium light in the 200 block of King Den Drive N.W.
- A motion declaring canine Tessa as surplus property to be retired and adopted by CPD officer Brandon West.