The Unmet Needs Committee met Tuesday to discuss what residents affected by the deadly April 27 twisters still need.
Kelly Kyle of the Refuge Community Center is organized as one of many resources.
According to Matt Ryerson of United Way of Bradley County, Kyle has been instrumental in working out transportation needs, as well as providing overall available resource information for storm victims.
Kyle can be reached at 584-5504.
Other needs heard by the committee include:
n Mattresses and home furnishings: Clark Campbell at 432-8948. Trash bags and cleaning supplies are also a great need.
• Office and technology resources: Kelly Kyle at 584-5504.
• Health, dental, vision issues are a growing need: Rochelle Mayberry at 423-464-1850 (EMA line) or 513-238-2426 (personal). Those willing to provide these services are urged to contact Mayberry.
• Short-term housing, rental housing: bradleyco.net or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Utility relief: Rochelle Mayberry at 464-1850 and Amy Moore at 716-8439.
• A donation of box fans is also needed. Any local retailer is urged to contact Kyle for information regarding a donation. Infant and baby items are also needed. Contact Kyle or Julia Wright of the Hiwassee Chapter of the American Red Cross at 472-1595.
• Counseling and therapy sessions: Dr. John Vining at 476-1933 and William Lamb at 650-6554 are providing this service to victims.
• For those victims who may need child care, contact the YMCA beginning next week.
• Also ongoing are collections of much-needed funding for the recovery and rebuilding efforts for the more than 500 homes that sustained major damage (making them unlivable) or total destruction.
A PayPal account has been established at www.bradleydisasterrelief.org. This site is the official collection point for all efforts, including monetary donations from outside Cleveland and Bradley County, as well as fundraising events still being planned and held in the community.