Black Fox Elementary
- Students collected 25 large boxes of food to donate to the Bradley Baptist Association for distribution to needy families.
Blue Springs Elementary
- At Camp-Read-a-Lot students reached the 4,000 point goal which was celebrated with a crazy hair day. Ryan Blair is the school’s top reader, with 300 points.
Bradley Central High
- 121 freshman received awards for having all A’s and B’s in the first and second six weeks of school with no referrals, and no more than two absences.
- BCHS was the recent winner of the Coke/Wal-Mart High School Challenge. The school received $2,500.
- About 65 people attended the “Making Music” family engagement activity.
- Fifth grader Lilly Mooney received a $50 Kmart gift certificate as the winner of the art contest for the Skyridge Christmas card.
Lake Forest Middle School
- The following students participated in the 2010 All-East Middle School Honor Choir in Oak Ridge: Chloe Shroyer, Lily Freeman, Chelsey Herron, Ashlyn Lamberth, Carissa Roberson, Allison Terrell, Haliegh Brown, Jordan Epperson, Alex Smith, Graham Brooks and Dustin Roberts.
Michigan Avenue Elementary
- Students collected two truckloads of canned goods for the Bradley County food pantry.
North Lee Elementary
- Students and staff recently welcomed new art teacher Jennifer Essenburg.
Oak Grove Elementary
- Students and staff collected 2,000 cans of food which were equally donated to the Southern Heritage Bank and Helping Hands Project.
- Faculty, students and community members pulled resources together and held fundraisers to assist a family who lost their home in a fire.
- Students shipped 50 shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.
- Students collected $2,400 and 810 cans of food during its annual Turkey Feather contest. The funds were donated to charities and the food to the community soup kitchen.
Park View Elementary
- Students, staff and parents shipped 70 shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.
- The Bradley County Scottish Rites provided new shoes for students in need.
- Students collected 1,650 cans of food to provide for 50 needy families.
- Family Chiropractic provided chair massages for teachers in appreciation for their work with students.
- The Tiger Chorale performed musical programs in the community for the Bradley County Schools Central Office, Cleveland State Community College and Eaton Hydraulics.
- Thompson Springs Baptist Church prepared dinner for faculty and staff as an expression of kindness and goodwill to Taylor School.
Valley View Elementary
- Students recently attempted to break a Guinness World record for the most people stacking cups in one day. Students joined with students from 25 countries to set the new record of 316,757 stackers.
Walker Valley High
- Students Ryan Colbert, Nick Rodriguez, Connor Craig and Victoria Betts were recently selected for the All-State Choir for East Tennessee. These students will travel to Nashville this spring to perform.
- Several students were selected by audition for the All-East Tennessee Ensembles and Local Honor Ensembles. All-East Tennessee Jazz Band: Victoria Betts, Catherin Betts, John Burton, Alex Harvey, Ryan Colbert, Josh Coleman and Kyle Newman; East Tennessee Junior Honor Band: Eryn Clark, Jake Griffey, Reed Jones, Jake Allen, Rachel Partin, Melanie Ball, Kirsten Blankenship, Mackenzie Seavey, Pablo Majia, Ben Burton, Kyle Newman, Jeffrey Knappen, Josey Carroll and Morgan Miller; Knoxville Youth Symphony Orchestra: Leah Snowman; Chattanooga Youth Symphony Orchestra: John Burton and Jace Cheatham; Lee Honor Band: Emily Petty, Matt Lugo, Logan McAmis, John Burton, Catherine Betts, Josh Coleman and Lyndsay Parker; Lee Honor String Orchestra: Melissa Schweizer, Sara Grace Bradley and Langston Carter.
- The Discovery Museum along with fourth grade teachers hosted a Smart Night focusing on math, science and related technology. Children, parents and teachers used critical thinking skills to solve problems.
REACH Adult Learning
- REACH will hold a graduation ceremony for nine graduating seniors Thursday in the Lake Forest Middle School auditorium.