This is MAD’s first competition for the Studio, first competition for these Students, first year dancing or doing lyrical for most of these students.
MAD came back winners.
MAD came home with three top overall wins, five first places and two judges’ awards.
Along with that Carrie Kramer, artistic director, was recognized as a Top 3 choreographer. Her choreography for her dance “Hidden Ones” was one of three of the top scoring choreography scores for Saturday’s Competition with over 200 dances that day.
Winning awards are as follows:
- Alyssa Avratin — Junior Competitive Division Gold thirdplace and Judge's Award for “In The Moment” performance for her solo “This Woman's Work”;
- Kamryn Woody — Junior Competitive Division first Place - Platinum for her solo “Bubbly”;
- Junior Company — Megan Whitley, Emma Dotson, Christina Smith, Kamryn Woody did a great job with their dance — “Hidden Ones” — first place Platinum and Top Small Competitive Petite Group;
n Senior Company — Alyssa Avratin, Harleigh Smith, Madelyn Whitley and Julia Kazy received a second-place High Gold for their Junior Competitive Dance – Titanium;
- MAD Company with all the girls along with Bailey Sink received a first place Platinum and Top Place Overalls for the dance — “Bird Dance” in the Large Competitive Group Division;
- Alayna Tweed — Teen Competitive Division, first-place High Gold and Judge's Award for Future Rockette;
n Carrie Kramar and Kamryn Woody — first place Platinum in Pro-Am Division and Top Overall Award in Pro-Am Duo Division for the dance — “Last Text.”. An original piece written by Kramer.
Encore has three levels of competition in which dancers and studios can compete.
MAD elected to compete at the Competitive Level for their first contest; therefore competing against studios from Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama at the most competitive level on Saturday.
They became with awesome dancers ages 7 to 14, who worked hard and with the guidance of their teacher Kramar.
Momentum Academy Dance accepts students year round. If you would like information on their program which has various classes from tiny tots through adults call 339-2008 for more information.