JEFFERSON CITY — The Lee University tennis teams went on the road for the first time this season and were swept by Carson-Neman University.
The Flames were edged, 5-4, while the Lady Flames were beaten 7-2 in their first action in the past nine days.
Kevin Tan and Vincent Audy combined to earn Lee (1-1) three team points. Tan and Audy defeated Jonathan Allen and Daniel Douglas, 8-6, at No. 3 doubles. Tan outlasted Allen at No. 4 singles and Audy took down Austin Mackay in straight sets at No 5 singles.
Lee’s fourth win came at No. 6 singles. Westley Lemke dropped just two games in beating Lee Presson.
Alberto Calle, Richard Gamble and Daniel Hardesty each lost in two sets. Gamble and Hardesty were beaten 8-3 by Juan Sebastian Perez and Joao Pedro Oliveria at No. 1 doubles. At No. 2 doubles, Lemke and Calle were 8-1 victims to Mackay and Stefano Daza.
In the women’s match, Jodie Rice and Krista Good picked up wins at No. 4 and No. 5 singles, respectively. Rice dropped her first set to Jennifer Ott before battling back for a 6-4 win in the second set. The junior claimed the super set tie-breaker 10-4 to win the match.
Good was edged 7-5 in her first set against Haleigh Chastain and forced a super set tie-breaker with a 6-3 margin in the second set. The freshman claimed the match with a 10-6 mark in the super set.
The Lady Flames (1-1) were blanked in the doubles matches. Tonya McGraner and Maclain Yowarsky lost 8-4 to Breanne Tremblay and Stefy Stand. Rice and Good lost by the same score to Brooke Sanderson and Katie Brown. Kelsey Lovingood and Annie Sandberg fell 8-2 to Ott and Patricia Guerreiro.
Lee returns home to the DeVos Tennis Center to face the University of North Georgia Wednesday afternoon. The non-conference match is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m.
Lee University 2
1. Stefy Stand (C-N) def. Tonya McGraner (LU) 6-3, 7-5
2. Breanne Tremblay (C-N) def. Maclain Yowarsky (LU) 6-0, 6-3
3. Patricia Guerreiro (C-N) def. Annie Sandberg (LU) 6-2, 6-0
4. Jodie Rice (LU) def. Jennifer Ott (C-N) 4-6, 6-4, 10-4
5. Krista Good (LU) def. Haleigh Chastain (C-N) 5-7, 6-3, 10-6
6. Brooke Sanderson (C-N) def. Morgan Friedlander (LU) 7-5, 6-0
1. Breanne Tremblay/Stefy Stand (C-N) def. Tonya McGraner/Maclain Yowarsky (LU) 8-4
2. Brooke Sanderson/Katie Brown (C-N) def. Jodie Rice/Krista Good (LU) 8-4
3. Jennifer Ott/Patricia Guerreiro (C-N) def. Kelsey Lovingood/Annie Sandberg (LU) 8-2
Lee University 4
1. Juan Sebastian Perez (C-N) def. Alberto Calle (LU) 6-3, 6-2
2. Joao Pedro Oliveria (C-N) def. Richard Gamble (LU) 6-1, 6-3
3. Stefano Daza (C-N) def. Daniel Hardesty (LU) 4-6, 6-0, 6-3
4. Kevin Tan (LU) def. Jonathan Allen (C-N) 6-7 (0-5), 6-3, 10-4
5. Vincent Audy (LU) def. Austin Mackay (C-N) 6-3, 6-4
6. Westley Lemke (LU) def. Lee Presson (C-N) 6-2, 6-0
1. Juan Sebastian Perez/Joao Pedro Oliveria (C-N) def. Richard Gamble/Daniel Hardesty (LU) 8-3
2. Austin Mackay/Stefano Daza (C-N) def. Westley Lemke/Alberto Calle (LU) 8-1
3. Vincent Audy/Kevin Tan (LU) def. Jonathan Allen/Daniel Douglas (C-N) 8-6