Fire damages house on Henderson Avenue
by GREG KAYLOR, Banner Staff Writer
Jun 04, 2013 | 1583 views | 0 0 comments | 14 14 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Cleveland Fire Department firefighters battled a small house fire earlier today. The fire’s cause and damage reports have not yet been established, according to CFD Chief Steve Haun.

According to Haun, CFD was notified through 911 at 4:16 a.m. to respond to an address on Henderson Avenue near Central Church of Christ.

Firefighters battled the blaze and gained control.

Haun said the house had additions and more than one ceiling structure which affected firefighters’ tactics.

Investigation is continuing.

- The Tennessee Office of the Inspector General charged a Bradley County woman with TennCare Fraud after an indictment was handed down recently.

Mary Hembree, 47, was arrested and charged at the Bradley County Jail last week.

Hembree was also charged with sale and delivery of Schedule II and Legend drugs, according to jail records.

Information provided by the OIG indicated a joint investigation by BCSO and the OIG led to the indictment and arrest.

“Hembree is charged with TennCare fraud in an indictment accusing her of knowingly obtaining TennCare healthcare insurance benefits through a false statement, representation, or impersonation or by concealment of a material fact or other fraudulent means. TennCare fraud is a Class E felony carrying a sentence of up to two years in prison. District Attorney General R. Steven Bebb is prosecuting,” according to the OIG.

- A central heat-and-air unit, cast-iron stove and other items were taken from a house sometime during the past few months, according to a report filed by Deputy Daniel Watson of the Bradley County Sheriff’s Office.

Watson went to a Cross Street address and spoke with Bradlee Beaty of Knoxville. The house belonged to his aunt.

According to the report, the theft may have occurred between February and the end of May.

Criminal Investigations Division detectives responded to the scene.

The missing items were valued at over $1,000.